Full Service Crane Solution
Join our dedicated team of professionals
O’Brien is the leading crane manufacturer in Atlantic Canada. Our commitment to safety and innovation, considerable industry experience, and approachable management team offers a uniquely rewarding working environment, and we are continually looking for quality employees to help take our company to the next level.
All team members have the opportunity to develop their skills in order to achieve successful and rewarding careers. Our dynamic, constantly evolving environment, along with open and transparent internal communication, allows us to be the dominant player in the marketplace.
We are Atlantic Canada STRONG
We are currently seeking a Production & Installation Manager to join our team. O’Brien overhead cranes are manufactured locally in Memramcook, New Brunswick, and provide an optimal solution for your day-to-day or industry-specific lifting requirements. After over 25 years in the crane manufacturing industry, we pride
ourselves on our reputation for excellence as the only full-service crane manufacturer in Atlantic Canada.
The Production & Installation Manager is responsible for managing and leading a strong team of Production and Installers to ensure the successful implementation of O’Brien projects and corporate goals. The Production & Installation Manager interacts with the sales team, purchasing department, engineering, finance along with customers while reporting to the President of O’Brien’s.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Streamlining processes and continually reviewing procedures and processes to ensure they are best practice for improving quality and functionality.
- Overseeing the manufacturing and installation schedules.
- Developing and maintaining a robust Project Management system.
- Managing production to meet sales objectives.
- Ensuring all projects stay on target and within budget.
- Responsible for workplace health and safety for installation and production crews. Including: reviewing all quality and safety issues (related to manufacturing) and ensuring that safety inspections for all equipment are performed in a timely manner.
- Supporting installation crews with onsite support (including completing labour related tasks).
- Improving installation efficiency through training, investments in equipment, sales/customer education, and standardization.
- Attending weekly production meetings and provide production updates.
- Liaise with engineering, sales, and finance to forecast kits/ materials requirements and quality adherence.
- Ensure procurement of all technical details are assimilated from the sales team.
- Update system with initial job and/or changes to work scope.
- Ensure all materials are ordered, meeting project/production timelines.
- Keep abreast of the latest technical and safety improvements in the industry.
- Coordinate with finance to set budgetary needs.
- Assess staffing levels in order to meet project deadlines.
- Produce drawings using Auto Cad software.
- The position may require frequent travel within the Atlantic Provinces
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline.
- Able to interpret and understand structural detail drawings.
- Ability to understand welding symbols and code references with regards to W47.1 and W59
- CWB Welding Supervisor Certificate
- CWB Level 2 Welding Inspectors Certificate
- All position CWB ticket in SMAW and FCAW (asset)
- Ability to read mechanical/architectural prints
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and ERP/CRM systems.
- Project Management education (asset)
- Experience with overhead cranes, project management, engineering consulting or construction management (asset)
Sound like the perfect opportunity for you? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Email your resume and cover letter, indicating Production & Installation Manager in the subject line to email@example.com
We are currently seeking a Procurement Specialist to join our team.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for carrying out all the purchasing related responsibilities, in order to fulfill O’Brien customer projects and corporate goals. The Procurement Specialist interacts, and reviews quotes from external vendors along with the internal sales, engineering, and finance teams. This role supports continuous improvement activities related to purchasing, along with developing strong relationships. This position is results-oriented and reports to the Controller.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to organise workload and establish priorities effectively
- Resolve product, quantity, and price issues with suppliers.
- Buy products as needed controlling the cost of waste and overstock issues.
- Follow up with suppliers as needed, to confirm or change orders.
- Track purchase orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Monitor progress of delivery schedules
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs.
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends.
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices.
- Prepare cost analyses.
- Enter purchase orders into the system for all departments
- Create purchase requisitions and obtain approval prior to placing purchase orders.
- Assist Sales in the quoting process of new equipment (supply/install of new/replacement hoists, busbar etc.) by sourcing materials
- Ordering materials for all jobs
- Support other departments for special projects when necessary
Education, Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum post-secondary education
- A minimum of 2 – 3 years of material sourcing or purchasing in the manufacturing or similar industry
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Demonstrate experience in negotiating, developing strong relationships
- Familiarity working with vendors of all sizes
- Bilingualism is preferred
- Must be results- orientated.
- Great communicator, customer orientated
- Detailed orientated, professional, team player
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, and ERP/CRM systems.
- Experience with overhead cranes, manufacturing or construction management (asset)
Sound like the perfect opportunity for you? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Email your resume and cover letter, indicating Procurement Specialist in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and remain open until the position is filled.
If you think you have what it takes to become a valued member of our team, please apply in person or by mail to the attention of Human Resources at:
30 Principale Street,
Or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.